Thursday, March 5, 2009

Keep On Giving And Jesus Keeps On Blessing You

"Give, and it shall be given unto you: good measure, pressed down, and shake together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again."

Luke 6:38

Sometimes we wonder if we are "giving too much". A recent bout with my health condition over the past few days made me reconsider how much I was giving and whether I should be doing it. Perhaps I was feeling a bit sorry for myself which is never a good thing.

I prayed to Jesus to give me strength and show me the way. Everyone started to give in abundance. My husband went above and beyond to handle his tasks and mine. He found a solution a financial problem we had without my assistance. When I told him to slow down, he replied, "You never do and it has to be done."

My children were automatic. From shoveling snow to getting water to rubbing my head, they were right there at every moment. When I told them it was alright, they should just go play and enjoy themselves, they said, "But Mom this is what you do for us and it makes us feel good."

Friends called and stopped by because the had not seen me for a few days. A neighbor offered to drive my children to the bus stop today. A couple of the neighborhood kids offered to help clean up the snow. When I questioned why, they said, "You always have us over and are nice to us."

The mail came and I was overwhelmed again. I received two packages of products to review. If that wasn't enough, my mom sent a loving letter and enclosed some cash. She knows when I am sick I cannot work which means I'm not making money. Within a couple of weeks, that causes a financial crisis in my house. Her letter and generosity reminded me never to worry in the face of illness or adversity.

I laid in bed and started crying. What did I do to deserve all this kindness? It brought me right back to wondering if I give too much when I feel my best. I turned to the Bible for answers and opened up to the passage above.

I realized there is no such thing as "giving too much". When we give unconditionally from the heart, it is always the right thing to do. I tend to give first and think about it later just because it feels right. Jesus blesses us by giving back to us in abundance when we need it most. I suddenly understood the meaning behind "give and it shall be given unto you".

Although my body is still weak, I am filled with love from Jesus and all his blessed ambassadors here on earth. That love gave me the energy to get up today and move from the bed to the sofa. I am feeling better every hour because loving each other and prayer really works.

When you give from your heart without expecting anything in return, blessings are returned to you in abundance. When you have the urge to give, never stop yourself or wonder if you are giving too much. Just keep giving and good things will come back to you.

Are you the kind of person that keeps on giving? Did you ever second guess yourself and wonder if you "give too much"? Have you felt the blessing of being a giver when Jesus unexpectedly showered blessings on you in abundance? Please feel free to comment about it.

Have a beautiful, blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment