Thursday, March 5, 2009

He Intercedes For Us

"Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered."

Romans 8:26

There are many times we suffer from infirmities beyond our control. These ailments may involve our bodies, minds or spirits. At times we might feel unable to even put into words how we feel and how we want to feel.

At these moments, the Spirit intercedes. He already knows what we need based on His divine plan. Suddenly we feel lighter, better able to face whatever lies ahead. A simple prayer for His intercession is all we need to do. Everything else is up to Him.

This takes away stress and worry, which are actually a lack of faith. If we believe He will be there, everything is worry-free because it is in His capable hands. This applies to all types of illnesses and ailments. Emotional breakdowns, mental illness, spiritual confusion, personal anguish and physical disabilities can all be given to Him.

In an emergency situation, we often cannot utter a word other than to help us. We are giving it to Him at that moment. My first pregnancy was high-risk and I didn't know what to expect. I was in the delivery room on New Year's Day with a strange doctor and an inexperienced dhoula in labor for several hours. Suddenly my heart and the baby's heart were in serious danger. An emergency C-section had to be performed.

In the rush, too much anesthesia was administered. I discovered two years later when I had my daughter the surgery was seriously botched. I knew my baby and I were suffering and kept praying to Him to help us. I was too weak to say anything else as I went in and out of consciousness.

Thankfully, I made it through to have a healthy, happy son. I knew it was His intercession as everyone else made every possible mistake. He is there doing whatever is needed to carry out His divine plan despite the errors of others.

Beyond health problems, He is there to intercede at all times. Homelessness, joblessness and distress are all real problems many of us have faced. He is there to lead us to a new destiny of hope and fulfillment in another way.

Are you suffering and giving it to Him? Did you ever ask for His intercession when you were unable to find any words? Does the Spirit take over when all other parts of you are weak? Feel free to comment about it.

Have a beautiful, blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment