Monday, October 26, 2009

My Mouth Will Make It Known


"I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever; with my mouth I will make known thy faithfulness to all generations."

Psalm 89:1

Sometimes we get tired and lose inspiration. While my faith remained intact, my motivation was down lately. I didn't make time to sing His praises and it started to show in my daily life and attitude.

We went out to celebrate my mom's birthday yesterday and decided to stop at a different church in the area. There was no time to make it back for mass in my town. It was a reminder to shake it up a little sometimes, keep reaching for the inspiration.

It was a youth mass with a guest preacher who grew up in the neighborhood. This young priest had insight beyond his years. He spoke to us as if he knew us all personally. It made me realize every day is a new opportunity to do it better and praise Him.

The singer accompanying the preacher was like an angel. Her bell-like voice filled you with His spirit and made you sing even if you usually don't. You could feel her faith in every note.

Often I go through the motions during the singing. Some of the songs are slow or a I don't know the words. This mass featured an upbeat selection of inspirational songs. The ushers handed out a sheet with the words so you could sing along. Before you knew it, I was singing His praises and feeling better than I had in weeks.

We were all singing, promising to love Him forever and share our faith with the generations. I felt light, happy and back on track, ready to sing His praises everyday.

Have you sung his praises lately? How does it make you feel when you sing or talk about Him? Do you ever reach for inspiration when you can't seem to find it in yourself? Please feel free to comment or post your own thoughts.

Have a beautiful, blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment